Thank you so much for your interest in adopting from the PSPCA!
We encourage you to peruse our website to view the profiles of our adoptable animals.
Please note that many of our animals are residing in Foster Homes,
rather than at one of our shelter locations, and there is a slightly different process for arranging
a meet with an animal in foster care.
Here are the steps to proceed with the adoption process:
- Peruse our adoptable animals! If you see an animal you'd like to visit in the shelter, proceed to step 2. If you see an animal in foster care you'd like to meet, please inquire about this animal to our adoption email: email@example.com
- Schedule an appointment to come into the shelter by clicking here.
- On the date of your appointment, please be sure to have the following materials with you **Adopters without these materials may not proceed with an adoption appointment**
- Photo Identification
- Proof of Address (if current address is different than on ID)
- Everyone who lives in the home (especially children)
- Valid Credit Card for payment
- If adopting a dog, bring any dogs currently living in the home for a
meet. You must bring proof of their up-to-date rabies and distemper
- After you schedule your appointment, head to our website to fill out the online application. This will make the process faster when you arrive! Click here to fill it out.
- Upon arrival at the shelter, please call our adoption desk at 215-426-6300 ext 234 to check-in for your appointment. Staff will meet you outside the building to escort you to your animal meeting location
- Staff will meet adopters, walk through an adoption application with them, and work to find an appropriate match for the adopter and their home environment
- Animals who are altered and healthy may leave the same day with their adoptive family. Animals who are not yet altered will need to remain in the shelter until spay/neuter surgery and will have pickup scheduled post-op.
Adoptions from Foster Care:
- If an adopter is interested in an animal who is currently residing in foster care, please submit an adoption application via this link, along with the accompanying requested materials.
- Adoption staff will review this application, and call the potential adopter to discuss the animal in question, walk through their history, answer questions, and ensure this animal is the best fit for the home in question.
- Once an application is approved, adoption staff will connect the adopter with the foster parent, and provide instructions on setting up a meet and greet.
- After a meet and greet occurs, we ask that foster parents and potential adopters provide their feedback about the meet, and desire to move forward with adoption
- Adoptions may be finalized virtually, and hand-offs to adoptive homes may happen once confirmed by an adoption counselor
- Adopters with inquiries about specific animals should email firstname.lastname@example.org