Important Information regarding COVID-19 fostering
- We are currently on-boarding fosters for both dogs & cats
- Foster parents MUST be approved and undergo a short orientation process prior to taking home an animal.
- Interested fosters should complete an application via our website, which can be found on this page.
- Please allow at least 48 hours for a response after submitting an application
- We are asking fosters to take animals for 4+ weeks
- All supplies must be provided by the foster parent
A foster parent is someone who provides temporary housing and care for an animal sheltered at the Pennsylvania SPCA. Our Foster Care program is designed to provide a caring home where animals can receive more individualized attention. Sometimes they are recovering from illness, on hold due to a court case, need to be socialized, or aren’t old enough to be placed in a forever home.
Benefits of being a foster parent are:
- Experience the joy of having a pet without having to make a lifetime commitment.
- Save the life not only of the animal being fostered, but free up space at the shelter for another animal in need.
- Foster parents have the first chance to adopt their foster animals or arrange adoptions with qualified, interested parties. We encourage foster parents to help find forever homes for their foster babies.
If you are interested in fostering an animal from one of our locations, please fill out the Foster Parent Application at the link below (please note it may take 1-2 weeks for applications to be processed. We appreciate your patience). You need be at least 18 years of age or have your parent’s permission and consent to be a foster parent. If you have questions about getting involved, contact Madeleine Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can't foster, but want to help? Visit our wishlist here.
Current Foster Parent's Portal: Login.
After logging in, please be sure to click on "Knowledge Base" in the upper right hand corner of the page.