Important information about COVID-19:
Our Philadelphia Veterinary Clinic at Erie Avenue will remain open to assist families in need, but will operate BY APPOINTMENT ONLY with curb-side drop off. Please note that pet owners are required to wear a facemask when dropping off or picking up their animals. Families in need of veterinary services are encouraged to call our Erie Avenue headquarters to schedule an appointment, (215) 426-6300 and select #0 for the clinic.
Appointments are not necessary for vaccines. Vaccines are being done on a first come, first serve basis Monday through Saturday from 9am-1pm and again from 2-4pm. Upon arrival, please call (215) 426-6300 ext. 3.
During this time our wellness clinic is open for the following symptoms and conditions:
- Vaccinations for dogs and cats of all ages
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Severe Flea Infestation
- Coughing excessively
- Difficulty breathing
- Facial swelling/allergic reactions
- Urinary issues including straining, blood in urine and not urinating
- Limping and difficulty walking
- Possible seizures
- Urinating and defecating outside of the litterbox
- Eye issues
- Ear infections
- Skin infections
- Ingrown nails
- Lumps and bumps that have ruptured, are draining, bleeding, etc.
- Chronic conditions that require management including thyroid, diabetes, etc.
We are asking patients with the following needs to wait until further notice for examinations:
- Annual wellness exams
- Routine preventatives
- Routine blood work
- Lumps/bumps that are small, not growing, not changing, etc.
- Urinating/defecating outside the litterbox that can be managed behaviorally
- Dental checks (unless the pet is unable to eat, painful, etc.)
- Pregnancy checks
The PSPCA offers comprehensive primary veterinary care at our North Philadelphia headquarters. Our experienced veterinarians and veterinary technicians provide high quality, compassionate care at budget-friendly prices.
Visits are walk-in on a first-come/first-served basis, so we recommend arriving early in the day since the veterinary team sees a maximum number of appointments per day.
Hours & Location
Monday - Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.*
Closed major holidays.
350 E. Erie Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19134
215-426-6300, ext. 219, 220, 252, 253, 255, 209
*Tech appointments and vaccines can be administered until 6:00 p.m.
- Physical exam: $42
- Veterinary technician appointment: $15
- Follow-up exam: $25
Medical treatments, prescriptions and testing are additional.
- Annual well visits
- Medical/sick visits
- Flea & tick prevention
- Heartworm prevention
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Digital x-rays
- End of life care
We do not provide emergency care, but can treat the following:
- Parasites (other than heartworm)
- Vomiting or diarrhea*
- Upper respiratory infection
- Ear infection; Eye infection
- Thyroid disease
- Weight loss/decreased appetite
- Allergies or other skin infections
- Inappropriate urination or suspected urinary tract infection**
- Small wounds
- Diabetic diagnosis
- Senior joint disease management
*Chronic (2-3 days or more) diarrhea or vomiting requires urgent attention.
**If a cat has not urinated in 24 hours, emergency care is required.
We do not provide emergency or after-hours care. Should your pet need critical care we can’t provide at our clinic, we can provide a list of referral and emergency veterinary practices.