Important information about COVID-19:
Our Philadelphia Veterinary Clinic at Erie Avenue will remain open to assist families in need but will operate BY APPOINTMENT ONLY with curb-side drop off. Please note that pet owners are required to wear a facemask when dropping off or picking up their animals. Pet owners that show up without an appointment will be given one if available, and asked to stay in their car until the allotted appointment time. Families in need of veterinary services are encouraged to call our Erie Avenue headquarters to schedule an appointment, (215) 426-6300 and select #3 for the clinic.
During this time our wellness clinic is open for the following symptoms and conditions:
- Vaccinations for dogs and cats of all ages
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Severe Flea Infestation
- Coughing excessively
- Difficulty breathing
- Facial swelling/allergic reactions
- Urinary issues including straining, blood in urine and not urinating
- Limping and difficulty walking
- Possible seizures
- Urinating and defecating outside of the litterbox
- Eye issues
- Ear infections
- Skin infections
- Ingrown nails
- Lumps and bumps that have ruptured, are draining, bleeding, etc.
- Chronic conditions that require management including thyroid, diabetes, etc.
We are asking patients with the following needs to wait until further notice for examinations:
- Annual wellness exams
- Routine preventatives
- Routine blood work
- Lumps/bumps that are small, not growing, not changing, etc.
- Urinating/defecating outside the litterbox that can be managed behaviorally
- Dental checks (unless the pet is unable to eat, painful, etc.)
- Pregnancy checks
The PSPCA offers comprehensive primary veterinary care at our North Philadelphia headquarters. Our experienced veterinarians and veterinary technicians provide high quality, compassionate care at budget-friendly prices.
Visits are walk-in on a first-come/first-served basis, so we recommend arriving early in the day since the veterinary team sees a maximum number of appointments per day.
Hours & Location
Monday - Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.*
Closed major holidays.
350 E. Erie Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19134
215-426-6300, ext. 219, 220, 252, 253, 255, 209
*Tech appointments and vaccines can be administered until 6:00 p.m.
- Physical exam: $42
- Veterinary technician appointment: $15
- Follow-up exam: $25
Medical treatments, prescriptions and testing are additional.
- Annual well visits
- Medical/sick visits
- Flea & tick prevention
- Heartworm prevention
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Digital x-rays
- End of life care
We do not provide emergency care, but can treat the following:
- Parasites (other than heartworm)
- Vomiting or diarrhea*
- Upper respiratory infection
- Ear infection; Eye infection
- Thyroid disease
- Weight loss/decreased appetite
- Allergies or other skin infections
- Inappropriate urination or suspected urinary tract infection**
- Small wounds
- Diabetic diagnosis
- Senior joint disease management
*Chronic (2-3 days or more) diarrhea or vomiting requires urgent attention.
**If a cat has not urinated in 24 hours, emergency care is required.
We do not provide emergency or after-hours care. Should your pet need critical care we can’t provide at our clinic, we can provide a list of referral and emergency veterinary practices.