Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) involves humanely trapping a feral cat and taking it to a veterinarian to be spayed/neutered and vaccinated. After recovery, the cat is returned to its home outdoors. TNR benefits the community in many ways:
- Colonies that are involved in TNR diminish in size over time
- Relieves cats of the constant stresses of mating and pregnancy
- Mating behaviors cease, such as roaming, yowling, spraying and fighting
- Cat's physical health improves
- Cats are provided with rabies and FVRCP Vaccines
The Pennsylvania SPCA's TNR service includes surgery, age-appropriate vaccines, flea prevention, ear mite treatment (if applicable), pain medication and ear tip (required). Additional medical services, such as FeLV and FIV testing, are available at an additional cost.
We offer TNR services at our Philadelphia headquarters at 350 E. Erie Avenue, including a feral cat package, as well as a rescue cat package for friendly free-roaming cats that might be good candidates for adoption into a loving home. Call 215-426-6300 for more information and pricing on each package. To get started, please complete our TNR surgery form.